Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wassail

Here is a great recipe for a warm, winter drink. Our neighbors shared this with us on Halloween a few years ago while we sat outside around a fire pit. I loved it and asked them for the recipe. Thank you Davis family for sharing this with us.

Ingredients
1 quart Apple cider
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp red hots ( or handful of hot tamales )

Procedure
1. Mix all ingredients in sauce pan.
2. Heat over medium heat to combine flavors.
3. Serve warm.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I think this blog is so fun! Here is another great cooking blog you can check out in your spare time... www.pickypalate.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

David said...

Thanks Mindy. I checked out the blog you mentioned, and I guess that I need to 'spice' mine up a little. I guess I should start pulling out my camera and take some pictures of what I'm cooking. Again, thanks for the link, I'm sure I will find some new favorite recipes there.

Nikki said...

I love this! Yummy! Look on Corree's she has a recipe site on her's that she pulls from....